— About me, social media, and how to get in touch
Kelvin Pater is a Dutch scenic/production designer, light artist, prop artisan, and foremost a creative thinker. His designs distinguish themselves through his passion for utilizing light to sculpt spaces.
Raised in Amsterdam and rural France (Limousin), and now based in the culturally diverse city of New York, Kelvin is passionate about making work that invites us to think sustainably through surprising uses of common elements and materials, investigates the human relationship with nature, and activates shared engagement across cultural perspectives.
Kelvin is co-founder and creative director of The Natural Light Project, a nonprofit organization that exposes, develops, and re-exposes the human relationship with natural light through the use of an innovative modular system that aims towards 100% sustainable theater-making.
Currently, he works in New York and across Europe.
Recent theater design credits include:
BLACK GARDEN | The Tank NYC, directed by Arthur Makaryan
BOOM | The Chain Theater, directed by Tara Elliott
THREE TO SEE OPERA | Provincetown Playhouse, directed by Sam Helfrich
Recent associate scenic design credits include:
- AIN’T NO MO, Public Theater (Off-Broadway)
- COMFORT WOMAN, Playwrights Horizons (Off-Broadway
Recent photo/film credits include:
- METRONOME | Properties Master, directed by Scott Lochmus (2019 Tribeca Film Festival)
- MAGIC HOUR | Art Director, directed by Jackie Christie (Feature)
- ROSA CHA SUMMER 2019 Collection | Ass. Art Director, (w/ Giselle Bundchen)
- THE SWIMSUIT | Production Designer, directed by Hasan A Hadi
- GRANDMA | Production Designer, directed by Sharon E Lee
— — —
BFA: Amsterdam University of the Arts (focus: Technical theater & Light design)
MFA: NYU/Tisch School of the Arts - (focus: Design for Stage & Film)
Recipient of: 2015 Prins Bernhard Culture Fund, 2015 VSB Grant, and the 2018 Tisch Fellowship.
Contact + Press